Cannot remove my device from NuNet

Hello. I have tried removing my device from NuNet in order to start over fresh due to some errors I made, but when I put in the terminal command to remove it says something along the line of “unable to remove due to permissions”. Has anyone successfully removed their device from NuNet and how did you do it?

@MacForaday can you please share the complete output please?

1 Like

Well now I can’t get it to work at all, it just says “No such file or directory”, hence why I was hoping someone could walk me through ALL the commands I need to type in order to remove.

Okay, I got something, but it seems to be stuck on this:

Stopping nomad client …
[sudo] password for mac: \

I put in my password but nothing else happens.

Edit:Alright, looks like it went through, now I need to see if I can onboard again

I tried onboarding again and I think it failed, I got this message:

docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
See ‘docker run --help’.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nomad-client.service → /etc/systemd/system/nomad-client.service.
head: cannot open ‘/etc/nunet/JOB_NAME.txt’ for reading: No such file or directory
Warning: Couldn’t read data from file “/etc/nunet/adapter-definition.json”,
Warning: this makes an empty POST.
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 21 100 21 0 0 159 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 159
malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before “Request body is empt…”) at /usr/bin/json_pp line 51.

I tried onboarding another way and it seemed to work at first, but when I completed the choices I got this which I think is a failure:

Your system has 7959MB of RAM. How much are you willing to allocate to NuNet in MB?
Your system has 0.0 MHz. How much are you willing to allocate to NuNet?
Select which network to join [nunet-private-alpha or nunet-development]?
nunet-private-alpha
Do you have and existing address (Y/N)?Y
Enter your payment address?
0x8429639dc07853af9d095736a163206a8a4f49f9
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main.py”, line 186, in
reserved[“cpu”] = (int(total_compute)) - int(cpu)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘0.0’
head: cannot open ‘/etc/nunet/JOB_NAME.txt’ for reading: No such file or directory
100 21 100 21 0 0 173 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 173
malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before “Request body is empt…”) at /usr/bin/json_pp line 51.
mac@Faraday:~/nunet-infra/device_onboarding$

The payment address is one I made earlier the last time I onboarded. Should I have had it generate a new one?

I tried onboarding again, this time having it generate a new address. I got this, which I think is another failure:

address === 0x96ce5b2727f8bed7fb025f8bfa65113e630926fa
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main.py”, line 186, in
reserved[“cpu”] = (int(total_compute)) - int(cpu)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘0.0’
100 21 100 21 0 0 164 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 164
mac@Faraday:~/nunet-infra/device_onboarding$

Okay, I deleted all the files for NuNet manually and re-downloaded them and onboarded and it looks like it worked! Sorry to bother you, I was able to figure it out myself I guess. Good learning experience.

2 Likes

Are you running MacOS?

No, lol. My internet name is Mac. Mac Foraday is a derivative of Michael Faraday, the scientist who first found uses for electric energy.You can see my computer on the Nomad for NuNet because it has the name “Faraday”.

I’m using Windows 10 with an Oracle virtual machine running Ubuntu 20 to run NuNet.

Hi @MacForaday

I Have been following up your post trend from tg to here.

I am still very confused on how to start running my own alpha on nunet, I’m also a novice to computer application.

I have small pc and want to take part.

What applications do I need to download on my laptop for this.

Love to hear from you.

Yes, I figured out the problem I had here and have now created a video explaining how to set it up for others. It’s on this thread in addition to other videos which may help you:

1 Like