Cardano Node runs then stops using resources?

Is it normal for the cardano node job to start running and utilising cpu, then ram but then appear to stop using any cpu or ram but still say it is using both on the nomad display?

1 Like

appears to be running now. just set my processor to performance mode and turned off the wireless power management again.

1 Like

Okay, let me know if you still have issues

I still appear to be having this issue. if I restart my computer, the cardano job starts using cpu, then starts using ram and looks operational. then after a while it stops and goes through the same cpu first and then ram usage. then it seems to lock up( the cpu usage and ram usage in the real time charts go to minimal usage but the cardano job says it is still using maximum cpu and ram)? is this normal or should I be looking at my computer settings / drivers?

1 Like

It should be fine. The passive Cardano nodes are a sort of proof-of-concept that will later be followed up with block-producing nodes being able to run on NuNet for stake pool operators.

Thanks Mac, any idea if there will be a guide of minimum requirements and installation help coming when nunet starts the public alpha?

1 Like

We definitely want to make guides to make it easier for people to contribute