Problems with setting up on Raspery Pi 4

Hi! I need some help setting up the private alpha on my Rasperry Pi 4. I followed the steps provided (device_onboarding/README.md · master · NuNet / nunet-infra · GitLab) but when making the last step i get this error:

sudo: docker: Befehl nicht gefunden
head: ‘/etc/nunet/JOB_NAME.txt’ kann nicht zum Lesen ge\u00f6ffnet werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Warning: Couldn’t read data from file “/etc/nunet/adapter-definition.json”,
Warning: this makes an empty POST.
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 21 100 21 0 0 93 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 93
malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before “Request body is empt…”) at /usr/bin/json_pp line 43.
pi@raspberrypi:~/nunet-infra/device_onboarding $

Could anybody please help me get this thing running? Thank you!

1 Like

Are you trying to set it up in Docker or running it in the main Cli? I think I saw someone with a similar error on their VM

I would also suggest running it in Ubuntu if you aren’t already, that is how I did it and it worked fine

The steps I took were:
set up server
Install docker
wget scripts and build (instructions on gitlab)

I didnt need to actually sudo docker run . . .

when you run the ‘bash … setup’ it starts the docker container itself

I hope that helps fix your issue!

I have a RPi4 too, let me know how it goes and maybe I’ll plug it in to the network too

1 Like

RPIs aren’t supported at the moment because of a problem related to docker images for ARM architecture however the error you’re getting seems a bit different despite part of it being German.

1 Like

Thx, :frowning:
Is there something in the backlog to make it run in Rasperry? Actually for now I dont want to set it up on my main machine and the RPI is such a nice testing environment…

2 Likes

Yes. There’s actual plan to support RPis (and other single board computers) since these boards are becoming more powerful on every release, they’re going to be the goto machines for building clusters and servers at home.

1 Like

Any news when alpha will be available for RSPi? I‘d love to participate in the Alpha…

1 Like

i’ll be adding rpi device also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instead of telegram like „when Lambo“… When Raspi? :wink:

1 Like

when raspi is this group’s version of when lambo

1 Like

NuNet is now supported on Raspberry Pi!

Guys I am having the same error message. I am on Ubuntu o.s., running on a Raspberry Pi4. I went through the manual clone of the repository, but at the config last step, it gives me this error.

Unable to find image ‘onboarding:latest’ locally
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for onboarding, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
See ‘docker run …help’.
head: cannot open ‘/etc/nunet/JOB_NAME.txt’ for reading: No such file or directory
Warning: Couldn’t read data from file “etc/nunet/adapter-definition.json”,
Warning: this makes an empty POST.
$ Total %Received %Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current …
… malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (“before request body is empt…”) at /usr/bin/json pp line 59.

1 Like

Unable to find image ‘onboarding:latest’ locally docker

1 Like

I’m trying to install a node on Ubuntu 21, the same problem comes out
img-2022-01-19-20-49-21

1 Like

Does this error occur only on Ubuntu, or is it for all OS on Raspberry Pi? Has anyone’s node worked stably? And on which OS? Please share!

1 Like

@kabir do you recognize what could be the problem in @rubber_hedgehog 's readout?

the /etc/nunet/ folder is empty for some reason!
img-2022-01-22-14-17-45