Slow internet a problem?

Hi, I am having issues (most tasks fail, but some go through) when running the alpha program, Does a slow internet connection effect the running? I have allowed a generous amount of ram and cpu speed, the only thing that might be lacking is internet. My upload is only 30Mbps and download 50Mbps. Also when operating correctly, how much of a effect will the software have on a household network? Thanks

1 Like

Also make sure any power-save features on your PC are turned off or they may interrupt the processes

Thanks Mac. Any idea of how much bandwidth the program will use when operational? ie how much effect it will have on a home network?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know. All I can say is I have 1 GB internet speed and it works well. Of course, I know not everyone has this much speed available in their area, but I don’t know how important internet speed is for NuNet. I asked Kabir about it in his last AMA but his answer was somewhat vague.

Thanks Mac. I am new to Linux so it might be something on my end, but I am now continually getting failed tasks so I have shut down. I will try and learn some more about linux.

1 Like

Well, I have tried all I can think of with my limited linux knowledge. I have put my processor to performance mode, i have turned off the power saving on the wireless network, i have updated the program to the latest version, I have changed my amount of ram and cpu a few times and I still get only a few tasks completed and most failed. I can see other clients running at very high percentage of their cpu and ram, but mine is only running at a low percentage of what I have allowed it to use? When the binary task runs my internet slows down to a crawl if I test the upload speed, so I am assuming this might be the cause?

1 Like

Have you downloaded and installed the new 0.1.2 version? It adds virtual machine support, so if you are using one, it might help. It also added support for Raspberry Pi computer support.

It is a clean install of ubuntu 20,04 onto an old gaming rig with a 2600k and 32g of ram. Ubuntu is updated, I have installed the latest 0.1.2 version of alpha, I can see it running on the host webpage, i have allowed 20,000 cpu and 16,000 ram but when looking at the client page it is only using a max of 2,000 cpu and 1,500 ram.

1 Like

It seems to be working then. I think just not much is happening because we are still only running the fake news detection app and not a lot of people are using it

Ok thanks Mac. I will leave it run until there is some news / updates.

1 Like